If you love the outdoors, there is plenty to do, from the beaches, to mountain biking, fishing, and hiking trails. Located a short drive from Blenheim, Picton provides the best of what NZ can offer on your back door.
We can offer the opportunity of long term employment, with genuine opportunities to grow with the team. Working alongside a passionate Head Chef, the ideal candidate will have experience in stand alone restaurants that wants to learn and develop.
We are looking for a qualified (Level 4 cookery standard NZ qualification, or similar internationally recognised equivalent). Experienced chef (2 years minimum) that can JUMP in and handle the challenges of a fast paced kitchen. You can multi task and keep calm when the heat really turns up. Maintaining speed, accuracy and consistency of product is a must.
- Be familiar with all menus, recipes and plating to ensure consistency. Follow recipes for all menu items to the required standard.
- Be open with ideas and offer cost effective ideas for new dishes that will fit in with our style of cuisine
- Manage your own section so that you are ready to go at the beginning of service
- Maintain a high standard of cooking so that meals are delivered on time
- Maintain a Consistently clean and tidy work environment
- Familiarise yourself with and follow the food control plan at all times.
- Follow the procedures for ordering stock and maintaining stock records and invoicing.
- Be a good person and communicate with the team and be kind
- Have fun!
- We will assist with any ongoing training and coaching on an ongoing basis. We will teach you the business of hospitality
If you are looking for something different, maybe a real lifestyle change then apply now (couples are welcome). It goes without saying that reliability is a must and you will have proven referees to back this up. This site operates over 7 days (lunch & dinner service), so flexibility roster wise will be required to cater to business requirements.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand when applying for this role.
*Please note this role is based at the top of the South Island, in Picton.
Don't sit back waiting for the perfect time, sometimes you must dare to JUMP!!
Contact Simon Baker for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org